- A valveless horn used to signal the arrival or departure of a mounted courier or mail coach.More example sentences
- In the band too are Christian, on tuba and piano; Kevin, cornet and post horn, and his son, Will, the youngest player, on drums.
- A post horn blows outside and a messenger brings a letter from the Duke informing Sancho that enemies are planning to attack the island.
- In the midst of a nocturnal search after the concealed hieroglyphic meaning of the post horn, Oedipa happens upon ‘a circle of children… who told her they were dreaming.’
More definitions of post hornDefinition of post horn in:
- The US English dictionary