Definition of post-operative in English:
During, relating to, or denoting the period following a surgical operation: post-operative care
More example sentences
- Adjuvant post-operative radiation therapy was administered because resection margins were positive.
- Treatment should be continued throughout the period of post-operative care until the risk of deep vein thrombosis has diminished.
- They can be operated on, but it's off to the theatre and a general anaesthetic and a painful post-operative period.
- Example sentences
- No patient was treated with ultrasound or electrical stimulation postoperatively.
- All patients were immobilized in a below-the-knee cast with the ankle in the neutral position for 4 weeks postoperatively.
- With an adjustable implant, the pocket can be stretched postoperatively, resulting in a more natural look.
Definition of post-operative in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.