Definition of post-punk in English:
Denoting a style of rock music inspired by punk but less aggressive in performance and musically more experimental.
- Suddenly we are surrounded with reminders of just how interesting the post-punk musical scene was.
- Joy Division became famous for their bleak, introspective music, which became the hallmark of Britain's post-punk music scene.
- The Clean is the original post-punk independent band from New Zealand.
noun[mass noun] Back to top
- Their recent move signals a change from experimental noise to post-punk.
- Russ, I can't argue with your pointing out my strong inclination towards the artier end of post-punk.
- The musical theme of the night is English Indie, particularly 1980s post-punk, through to Britpop.
Definition of post-punk in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.