Definition of post-punk in English:
Denoting a style of rock music inspired by punk but less aggressive in performance and musically more experimental.
- Suddenly we are surrounded with reminders of just how interesting the post-punk musical scene was.
- Joy Division became famous for their bleak, introspective music, which became the hallmark of Britain's post-punk music scene.
- The Clean is the original post-punk independent band from New Zealand.
noun[mass noun] Back to top
- Their recent move signals a change from experimental noise to post-punk.
- Russ, I can't argue with your pointing out my strong inclination towards the artier end of post-punk.
- The musical theme of the night is English Indie, particularly 1980s post-punk, through to Britpop.
Definition of post-punk in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan