Definition of postbox in English:
1A large public box with a slot into which post is placed for collection by the post office.
- She said people had been parking their cars up by the postbox to post their mail and blocking the access of adjacent properties.
- The Royal Mail has reduced collections without providing bigger postboxes to accommodate the volume of letters.
- They are asking the county council to make the lane a safe walking route to and from High Grantley, where the bus stop, school, playgroup, recreation ground, village hall, postbox and public house are all located.
1.1 British term for mailbox.
- To cut down on distances covered by postmen, An Post want householders living more than 10 metres from the road to take a roadside postbox, rather than the postman delivering to their door.
- However at the moment An Post are finding that some businesses are not open to receive their mail and do not have suitable postboxes.
- I fell asleep for a while then got off at the Mini Mart and stopped by my postbox to see if I had any mail.
Definition of postbox in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan