Definition of postdoc in English:
1A person engaged in postdoctoral research: a young postdoc
More example sentences
- Unlike graduate students, postdocs have the sophistication to be highly productive in the laboratory or in a research group of senior scientists.
- I don't treat the undergrads any different than I treat my grad students and postdocs.
- Science Fictions should be required reading for postdocs and graduate students in biomedical research labs.
1.1 [mass noun] Postdoctoral research.
- Three years postdoc Harvard Society of Fellows; PhD in economics from M.I.T.; BA, summa cum laude, in economics from Harvard University.
- Students can look to the magazine for everything from overviews of emerging trends in psychology practice, research and education to advice on finding an internship or postdoc.
- Up to then, PhD funding and postdoc research grants had fallen at her feet, thanks to the success of her departmental head.
Definition of postdoc in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.