Definition of postdoc in English:
1A person engaged in postdoctoral research: a young postdoc
More example sentences
- Unlike graduate students, postdocs have the sophistication to be highly productive in the laboratory or in a research group of senior scientists.
- I don't treat the undergrads any different than I treat my grad students and postdocs.
- Science Fictions should be required reading for postdocs and graduate students in biomedical research labs.
1.1 [mass noun] Postdoctoral research.
- Three years postdoc Harvard Society of Fellows; PhD in economics from M.I.T.; BA, summa cum laude, in economics from Harvard University.
- Students can look to the magazine for everything from overviews of emerging trends in psychology practice, research and education to advice on finding an internship or postdoc.
- Up to then, PhD funding and postdoc research grants had fallen at her feet, thanks to the success of her departmental head.
Definition of postdoc in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan