(or poster boy or poster girl)
- A person or thing that epitomizes or represents a specified quality, cause, etc.: the antiglobalization movement’s poster child she’s the poster child for cosmetic surgery the poster child of gluten-free grains, quinoa is a wonderful light, fluffy grain the ever-grinning poster boy for the coastal good lifeMore example sentences
- We made him a poster boy for bad behavior, put him all over newspapers and milk cartons, and now we should go out and get him.
- Someone is sure to nail you against the wall and call you the poster boy for Bloggers Gone Bad if you do.
- Were there an Over-Clickers Anonymous, I could be their poster child.
1930s: from the use in print advertisements of good-looking young people and appealing children.
More definitions of poster childDefinition of poster child in:
- The US English dictionary