Pronunciation: /pəʊs(t)ˈfɪks /[with object] Biology
- Treat (a biological substance or specimen) with a second fixative: the cells were postfixed in cold osmium tetroxideMore example sentences
- A portion of this specimen was postfixed in B - 5 fixative.
- Cells were postfixed in 1% osmium tetroxide in 0.1 M cacodylate buffer for 50 min.
- In some cases the cells were postfixed for 90 min in a solution of 1% osmium tetroxide in PBS.
More definitions of postfixDefinition of postfix in:
- The US English dictionary