- Relating to the period since the last (Weichsel or Devensian) glaciation, from the sudden rise in temperature that marks the beginning of the Flandrian about 10,000 years ago. Compare with late-glacial.More example sentences
- The widespread abundance of peatlands makes them valuable archives of past events for many periods in pre- and postglacial time and at differential spatial scales for most of Canada.
- Overburden soils include glacial and postglacial deposits and recent fill.
- He recognized that all of the beaches had been tilted by postglacial uplift (now attributed to isostatic rebound).
More definitions of postglacialDefinition of postglacial in:
- The US English dictionary