- (Especially in Christian doctrine) following the millennium.More example sentences
- Instead it comes out of postmillennial thinking which holds that the world will eventually be Christianized resulting in the eventual return of Christ.
- This opening establishes an apocalyptic expectation - it ends with ‘the universe expanding into the night‘- but Hecht's eschatology is appropriately postmillennial.’
- The postmillennial twist offered hope to the pious that they could change things - as long as they got organized.
More definitions of postmillennialDefinition of postmillennial in:
- The US English dictionary