Definition of postmultiply in English:
verb (postmultiplies, postmultiplying, postmultiplied)[with object] Mathematics
Multiply (a vector, matrix, or element of a group) non-commutatively by a following factor.
- To test trait-specific effects, we need to introduce another matrix, T, which is used to postmultiply matrix B.
- Given an n x n matrix A, it is always possible to find an n-element vector which postmultiplies A and gives an all zero result.
- Similarly, postmultiplying Y by a J matrix creates a 6x3 matrix of row sums of Y (where each column is just a repeat of the same six row sums).
- Example sentences
- Premultiplication and postmultiplication by a Givens matrix can be performed without computing a Givens matrix explicitly.
- This method is slightly less efficient than postmultiplication and requires that the size of Vector v must equal the number of rows in Matrix m.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.