Definition of postmultiply in English:
verb (postmultiplies, postmultiplying, postmultiplied)[with object] Mathematics
Multiply (a vector, matrix, or element of a group) non-commutatively by a following factor.
- To test trait-specific effects, we need to introduce another matrix, T, which is used to postmultiply matrix B.
- Given an n x n matrix A, it is always possible to find an n-element vector which postmultiplies A and gives an all zero result.
- Similarly, postmultiplying Y by a J matrix creates a 6x3 matrix of row sums of Y (where each column is just a repeat of the same six row sums).
- Example sentences
- Premultiplication and postmultiplication by a Givens matrix can be performed without computing a Givens matrix explicitly.
- This method is slightly less efficient than postmultiplication and requires that the size of Vector v must equal the number of rows in Matrix m.