- 2A person who presents a case for the canonization or beatification of someone in the Roman Catholic Church.More example sentences
- He was the postulator for Newman's cause in Rome, and Newman was declared a fit subject for canonization in 1991.
- A Vatican official, called a relator, works with the postulator to produce a positio, an extensive written statement, which is presented to the Congregation for the Causes of Saints in Rome.
- And in harmony with many of the postulators, he points to Catherine as a figure in contrast with the church he now rules: ‘What did she understand by renewal and reform of the church?’
More definitions of postulatorDefinition of postulator in:
- The US English dictionary