A large, protruding, rotund stomach.
- Within a month, you are guaranteed a paunch, a pot belly, and the inability to walk up stairs.
- So yeah, I had to work out but, you know, it's such a ridiculous character, the guy's so silly that I don't think it would have mattered if he'd got a pot belly.
- I'm comfortable being a short, stocky person if it's one that's muscly - what I'm not comfortable with is my current pot belly, extra-padded hips, and padded thighs.
- Example sentences
- Groups of pot-bellied old men in seldom worn suits stood in clusters, leaning in to catch a word, laughing, lining up for photos taken by children and grandchildren.
- Afterwards - when he'd pocketed an estimated $250m thanks to his pot-bellied botanist pal - he became a major Hollywood force.
- Tinker, a career criminal, has spent much of his life in prison; he's pot-bellied, balding with straggly brown hair, and has a thick handlebar moustache.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: pot belly
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.