- Any herb grown for culinary use.More example sentences
- Some are used as flavouring herbs, additions for salads, or pot-herbs.
- His scheme was first to organize by categories, such as whole animals, animal parts and products, minerals, and plants - the last subdivided into roots, pot-herbs, fruits, trees, and shrubs.
- The young and tender nettle is an excellent pot-herb and the stalks are good as flax for making cloth.
More definitions of pot-herbDefinition of pot-herb in:
- The US English dictionary