- A small tavern.More example sentences
- The dark treacly colours of Adriaen Brouwer's Interior of a Tavern suit the murk and smoke of the pot-houses favoured by that grimly observant wastrel.
- The researcher concurred that their ‘views of life have come from association with ‘flash-men’ of every order, with pugilists, pickpockets, cockfighters, and all the habitués of pot-houses or bucketshops.’
- In Teniers's pictures at Dulwich, animals satisfy appetites more innocent than those assuaged in Brouwer's pot-houses.
More definitions of pot-houseDefinition of pot-house in:
- The US English dictionary