Definition of potable in English:
Safe to drink; drinkable: there is no supply of potable water available
More example sentences
- How could you think of increasing your salary while most of your ordinary citizens have nothing to eat and no potable water to drink?
- So we are just using normal potable water for drinking.
- So, it's the water-borne illnesses, the lack of access to clean, potable water.
- Example sentences
- Water samples from 25 different locations in Chennai, collected from wells and bore wells were analysed for their potability in the Centre's laboratory.
- The human, for example, may be interested in the pond's water source, the potability of the water, or the potential for irrigation.
- The standpipe water is piped from the mountain and has been tested for potability by Oxfam.
Words that rhyme with potablenotable
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.