- A strongly alkaline white deliquescent compound used in many industrial processes, e.g. soap manufacture.
More example sentences
- Chemical formula: KOH
- Primary alkaline batteries use sodium hydroxide or potassium hydroxide as the electrolyte.
- The list includes sodium hydroxide and potassium hydroxide, caustic chemicals that will rip the skin off your fingers and the lining from the throat.
- He isolated potassium, another well known alkali metal, from potassium hydroxide in the same year.
More definitions of potassium hydroxideDefinition of potassium hydroxide in:
- The US English dictionary