A destructive fungal disease of potatoes resulting in dry brown rot of the tubers.
- Early blight is caused by Alternaria solani (subdivision Deuteromycotina), and late blight is caused by Phytophthora infestans (subdivision Mastigomycotina)
More example sentences
- The trials will investigate the suitability of different potato varieties and the influence of soil fertility on potato blight.
- There have been warnings of late of potato blight and people with sowings of potatoes would be well advised to spray.
- But that changed 150 years ago, when Ireland's potato blight and Britain's refusal to bail out the Irish sent millions to the emigrant ships.
Definition of potato blight in:
- The US English dictionary