Definition of potentiometer in English:
1An instrument for measuring an electromotive force by balancing it against the potential difference produced by passing a known current through a known variable resistance.
- The controller reads the setting of the accelerator pedal from the potentiometers and regulates the power accordingly.
- Other evaluation tools include surface electromyography, accelerometers, potentiometers, handwriting tremor analysis, and long-term tremor records.
- Install potentiometers, hook them to the accelerator pedal and connect to the controller.
2A variable resistor with a third adjustable terminal. The potential at the third terminal can be adjusted to give any fraction of the potential across the ends of the resistor.
- There are no switches, jumpers or potentiometers to set.
- Therefore I mounted on the axis of the potentiometer, a capacitor as a knob, and a small switch next to it.
- The controller uses two stock joystick potentiometers, plus another potentiometer that measures the draw on a cable that emerges from the body of the controller.
Definition of potentiometer in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.