Definition of potentiometer in English:
1An instrument for measuring an electromotive force by balancing it against the potential difference produced by passing a known current through a known variable resistance.
- The controller reads the setting of the accelerator pedal from the potentiometers and regulates the power accordingly.
- Other evaluation tools include surface electromyography, accelerometers, potentiometers, handwriting tremor analysis, and long-term tremor records.
- Install potentiometers, hook them to the accelerator pedal and connect to the controller.
2A variable resistor with a third adjustable terminal. The potential at the third terminal can be adjusted to give any fraction of the potential across the ends of the resistor.
- There are no switches, jumpers or potentiometers to set.
- Therefore I mounted on the axis of the potentiometer, a capacitor as a knob, and a small switch next to it.
- The controller uses two stock joystick potentiometers, plus another potentiometer that measures the draw on a cable that emerges from the body of the controller.
Definition of potentiometer in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan