- A burial place for paupers and strangers.More example sentences
- And they took counsel, and bought with them the potter's field, to bury strangers in.
- If we can see through them with a clear eye, we will see what he saw, which is that the field of human history and human political effort is a potter's field, a field of blood.
- The interesting part of this, though, is that Washington Square Park in New York was once a potter's field, too.
the name of an area of land near Jerusalem bought for this purpose with the money given to Judas Iscariot for betraying Jesus (Matt. 27:7).
More definitions of potter's fieldDefinition of potter's field in:
- The US English dictionary