- 1Domestic fowl, such as chickens, turkeys, ducks, and geese.More example sentences
- Specific arrangements may need to be put in place for poultry, horses, fish and exotic livestock.
- The authorities are also conducting tests on dead domestic poultry found in another area of the capital.
- Frozen turkeys or other poultry must always be thawed fully before cooking.
Middle English: from Old French pouletrie, from poulet 'pullet'.
More definitions of poultryDefinition of poultry in:
- The US English dictionary