Definition of powder puff in English:
1A soft pad for applying powder to the skin, especially the face.
- She tries in vain to reverse what is happening through the use of face powder and a powder puff, but with the knowledge that nothing can be done.
- Not that the ad dwells on whatever it was he did, because too much chatter would distract from the footage of a younger, hipper Senate candidate massaging another man's face and applying powder with a pink powder puff.
- Before doing anything else, she dabs her T-zone (forehead, nose and chin) with loose powder, using a large powder puff to pick up excess moisture.
1.1 informal An ineffectual person or thing: [as modifier]: a powder-puff bowler
More example sentences
- Yet again Saints lacked a forward who can cause damage in the penalty box, and their powder-puff probings were often the springboard for surging Celtic counter-attacks.
- Ever since they were bundled out of the World Cup with a powder-puff effort against the Wallabies, New Zealanders have been obsessed with restoring some mongrel and cohesion to their forward pack.
- But he must do better in 2004, because he will not have the luxury of a powder-puff opposition allowing him to remain in low gear.
Definition of powder puff in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia