1A women’s toilet in a public building.
- If the strain of the working day is becoming all too much, simply sneak off to the powder room and sit down on the loo seat.
- A precious opium-eating den, with a boudoir for hire and an elegant powder room, this hangout is lavish and otherworldly.
- I was flustered—having just come off an airplane—and I went to the powder room.
1.1North American A toilet in a private house, especially one intended for use by guests.
- We redid the downstairs powder room and aside from the fact that it's still missing a corner shelf and a window treatment I think it's pretty much done.
- This optical illusion is perfected in the upstairs powder room.
- The man with the port bottle, and his wife playing hostess in the powder room, had departed.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: pow¦der room
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.