- Mildew on a plant which is marked by a white floury covering consisting of conidia. Compare with downy mildew.
More example sentences
- Family Erysiphaceae, subdivision Ascomycotina
- The most common viticultural problems are downy mildew, powdery mildew, botrytis bunch rot, soil erosion, and occasional spring frost in the east of the country.
- Both powdery mildew and downy mildew often infect squash plants as autumn nights grow cooler and dew keeps the foliage moist through the night.
- The more common ones are powdery mildew, blackspot, downy mildew and rust.
More definitions of powdery mildewDefinition of powdery mildew in:
- The US English dictionary