- Operated or controlled by mechanical or electrical energy as distinct from manual labour: tractors and other power-driven machinery a power-driven sawMore example sentences
- They depended on imported, mature deep-rock mining technology with its reliance on mechanical hoists, railroad transportation, and powerdriven mills.
- The firm's rapid growth was helped by new technology; notably power-driven lithographic presses and the machine colouring of maps.
- A power-driven pontoon will carry visitors and their vehicles across the Orange River near the park's western extremity.
More definitions of power-drivenDefinition of power-driven in:
- The US English dictionary