- 1Having a strong desire for power: the power-hungry and evil dictatorMore example sentences
- A very Senior Official had pleaded with another power-hungry local official to at least allow me to attend the last Council Meeting.
- The players are greedy, wanting more than they need or are probably worth, and are power hungry.
- Laurie was highly dedicated, not personally ambitious or power hungry.
- 1.1(Of a device) using or requiring a lot of electrical power: power-hungry processorsMore example sentences
- If power-hungry hardware is added, like a high-end video card, a power supply unit with a minimum of 450 Watt seems to be a good idea.
- Today's power-hungry components need more 12V power than older hardware does, so a power supply must provide adequate 12V current.
- Nanotechnology may open the door to smaller, more reliable, and less power-hungry memory chips in cell phones, network gear, and other devices.
More definitions of power-hungryDefinition of power-hungry in:
- The US English dictionary