Definition of powerboat in English:
A fast motor boat designed for racing or recreation.
- The suspended flotilla includes modern powerboats, yachts and coracles.
- Much of its activity is centred around the riva - the promenade - filled with a jostle of yachts, powerboats and hydrofoils that can ferry you to tiny ports along a coastline dotted with unspoilt beaches and 1,185 islands.
- All of these marinas have sailboats and powerboats for rent.
- Example sentences
- A new Web site has been launched as a resource for women interested in learning more about on-the-water opportunities available to them, whether sailing, racing, powerboating or fishing.
- ‘Women are starting to make their mark once more in powerboating,’ she said.
- Now I'm a cave diver, but powerboating in a cave was new to me.
Definition of powerboat in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.