Definition of powerboat in English:
A fast motor boat designed for racing or recreation.
- The suspended flotilla includes modern powerboats, yachts and coracles.
- Much of its activity is centred around the riva - the promenade - filled with a jostle of yachts, powerboats and hydrofoils that can ferry you to tiny ports along a coastline dotted with unspoilt beaches and 1,185 islands.
- All of these marinas have sailboats and powerboats for rent.
- Example sentences
- A new Web site has been launched as a resource for women interested in learning more about on-the-water opportunities available to them, whether sailing, racing, powerboating or fishing.
- ‘Women are starting to make their mark once more in powerboating,’ she said.
- Now I'm a cave diver, but powerboating in a cave was new to me.
Definition of powerboat in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan