- 1A person or thing of great energy, strength, or power: she appears to be an intellectual powerhouse Germany’s economic powerhouseMore example sentences
- In their heyday in the Victorian era, these powerhouses of energy could plough 20 times faster than a horse-drawn ploughman and his team and were transported from farm to farm.
- I got very little sleep, but I was a powerhouse of restless energy.
- A year on, he's gone from being a political outcast to a powerhouse of campaigning energy.
- 2 • dated or US another term for power station.
More definitions of powerhouseDefinition of powerhouse in:
- The US English dictionary