A trick played on someone in order to make them look foolish and to amuse others.
- The build-up has the atmosphere of a phoney war as the rivals perfect the various practical jokes and wind-ups that will help unsettle their enemy's preparations.
- I got to thinking about other, specifically rural pranks and practical jokes and could not come up with all that many…
- Adolescent humor shines in the gag, the prank and the practical joke.
practical joker noun
- Example sentences
- Lizzie, on the other hand, born after two practical jokers, was a practical joker herself.
- ‘He is a laugh a minute and we are both practical jokers so we got on immediately,’ she said.
- Either that, or we have more than our fair share of practical jokers.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.