noun (plural practicums)chiefly North American
- A practical section of a course of study: a teaching practicum is includedMore example sentences
- In spring 1994 he failed a graduate student who, he alleges, attended only three of fifteen classes in a practicum education course.
- In the third semester, students complete studies in career applications and group work, complete a practicum, and continue in the school counseling seminar.
- This article describes their journey, which I, as a teacher educator with practicum students in the kindergarten classrooms, was fortunate to witness.
early 20th century: from late Latin, neuter of practicus 'practical'.
More definitions of practicumDefinition of practicum in:
- The US English dictionary