- A person actively engaged in an art, discipline, or profession, especially medicine: patients are treated by skilled practitionersMore example sentences
- People with gallstones should consult a licensed health care practitioner trained in the use of botanical medicine before using ginger.
- The remaining members include a general medical practitioner, a BBC journalist, and a theologian.
- Physician assistants and advanced registered nurse practitioners may not dictate verbal orders for inpatient medication orders.
mid 16th century: extension of obsolete practitian, variant of practician.
More definitions of practitionerDefinition of practitioner in:
- The US English dictionary