- 1An order requesting a writ or other legal document.More example sentences
- This action was commenced as a result of the order of the judge who set aside a praecipe order for the assessment of the solicitors' accounts.
- On December 3, 2001 he took out on an order on praecipe for its assessment.
- At about 4 p.m., his lawyer acquired the document after filing a praecipe for a writ of summons, a type of complaint used to build the foundation of a lawsuit.
Latin (the first word of the writ), imperative of praecipere 'enjoin, command'. See also precept.
More definitions of praecipeDefinition of praecipe in:
- The US English dictionary