- 1A drink made with a raw egg and seasoning, drunk as a cure for a hangover.More example sentences
- Finally, there are eggs - another favourite ‘cure’ be it in the form of a fried breakfast, omelettes or a ‘prairie oyster’, a drink containing an egg yolk.
- 2 (prairie oysters) chiefly North American The testicles of a calf cooked and served as food.More example sentences
- Sandy from Calgary (visited during the Stampede) has the balls to suggest a quick stop at a certain café for a feed of prairie oysters (bull testicles).
- Calgary can offer steak rounded out with prairie oysters and washed down with a red-eye, but old New Orleans can rustle up a much bigger spread of crawfish, jambalaya and ribs.
- Cross-referenced and linked, with plenty of supplemental and anecdotal information, Ray includes everything from the process of getting prairie oysters (it takes balls) to recipes for traditional Mexican insect dishes.
More definitions of prairie oysterDefinition of prairie oyster in:
- The US English dictionary