- A covered wagon used by the 19th-century pioneers in crossing the North American prairies.More example sentences
- The earliest recollections I have are of Dad and family making the trip by covered wagon (prairie schooner) from Ness City, Kansas to Ouray, Colorado.
- The trinity of terror's bullets whizzed by Melissa's head, narrowly missing her soft, brown eyes as she attempted to shield her children from harm as the tiny, wooden prairie schooner rumbled haplessly across the desert.
- Yet wonder scarcely described the emotion all three adventurers felt as they saw, stretching to the horizon, an endless line of prairie schooners ready to set sail over waves of blue-green grass.
More definitions of prairie schoonerDefinition of prairie schooner in:
- The US English dictionary