- A four-wheeled carriage for a baby, pushed by a person on foot.More example sentences
- The people we've had so far seem most interested in the train sets and the construction sets, but my personal favourite is the old dolls' pram.
- Sure enough, it was time to upgrade our (perfectly fine) one seater pram to something that would accommodate TWO kids.
- Not only are you doubling the size of your family in one fell swoop, just think of all the extra clothes and nappies, cots and that triple road train sized pram.
late 19th century: contracted abbreviation of perambulator.
- 1A flat-bottomed sailing boat.More example sentences
- The ASMA exhibition included exquisite scenes of children in Optimist prams, marinas, racing sailboats and a still life of a freshly caught trout, to name a few.
- On a sad note, the designer of the Opti pram passed away in December 2001, at the age of 86.
late Middle English: from Middle Dutch prame, Middle Low German prāme, perhaps from Czech prám 'raft'.