- (In yoga) the regulation of the breath through certain techniques and exercises.More example sentences
- Once this platform of virtuous living is established, ashtanga yoga's subsequent six limbs can be pursued, beginning with asana sitting quietly in yogic posture, and pranayama, breath control.
- This system of inner discovery begins with asana - sitting quietly in yogic posture - and pranayama, breath control.
- It focuses on hatha yoga with some pranayama, and emphasizes doing the postures as rigorously and fully as possible, given the limits of each student's ability.
Sanskrit, from prāṇa 'breath' + āyāma 'restraint'.
More definitions of pranayamaDefinition of pranayama in:
- The US English dictionary