A mischievous telephone call made to trick someone: someone made a prank call to police she received a prank call by a caller claiming to be Russia’s president
More example sentences
- It was a life and death emergency, but a 911 operator dismissed it as a prank call.
- What was the whole story behind the prank call?
- The centre currently handles an average of 110,000 calls a month, and 40 percent of those are prank calls.
- More example sentences
- A prank caller falsely accused her of stealing money from a customer.
- Another time, a prank caller had him driving up and down the same street looking for an imaginary address.
- I'm not the type you'd except to be a prank caller.
Definition of prank call in:
- The US English dictionary