Definition of prank call in English:
A mischievous telephone call made to trick someone: someone made a prank call to police she received a prank call by a caller claiming to be Russia’s president
More example sentences
- It was a life and death emergency, but a 911 operator dismissed it as a prank call.
- What was the whole story behind the prank call?
- The centre currently handles an average of 110,000 calls a month, and 40 percent of those are prank calls.
prank caller noun
- Example sentences
- A prank caller falsely accused her of stealing money from a customer.
- Another time, a prank caller had him driving up and down the same street looking for an imaginary address.
- I'm not the type you'd except to be a prank caller.
Definition of prank call in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia