- The chemical element of atomic number 59, a soft silvery-white metal of the lanthanide series. (Symbol: Pr)More example sentences
- They aimed beams of heavy ions at targets of selected elements to produce nuclei with 75 neutrons and 55, 57, 59, and 61 protons (cesium, lanthanum, praseodymium, and promethium) in a wide variety of spin states.
- I have elements in there that I've never even contemplated using before - stuff like indium, tantalum, ytterbium, and praseodymium.
- One of the oldest uses for praseodymium is in the manufacture of misch metal, a pyrophoric metal (a metal that gives sparks when struck) used to make lighter flints and tracer bullets.
late 19th century: modern Latin, from German Praseodym, from Greek prasios 'leek-green' (because of its green salts) + German Didym 'didymium'.
More definitions of praseodymiumDefinition of praseodymium in:
- The US English dictionary