(also prayer rug)
- A small carpet used by Muslims for kneeling on when praying.More example sentences
- It is common in mosques in America that the Qur'an and other religious books are placed on the prayer mat.
- Women must draw a white gown called a mukena over their clothes which covers hair, arms, hands, body and feet, and then they kneel on a prayer mat to begin their devotions.
- As we talked by the light of a flickering hurricane lamp, some soldiers knelt on a prayer mat nearby.
More definitions of prayer matDefinition of prayer mat in:
- The US English dictionary