- (Especially among Nonconformists) a religious gathering or service during which prayers are offered.More example sentences
- In terms of our laws, they don't need to seek permission to have a prayer meeting.
- Protesters had apparently sought to sidestep the ban by calling the gathering on Sunday a prayer meeting, not a political gathering.
- A retired Anglican clergyman is facing prison in Zimbabwe for holding a street prayer meeting.
More definitions of prayer meetingDefinition of prayer meeting in:
- The US English dictionary