- A Brazilian plant with variegated leaves which are erect at night but lie flat during the day, grown as a houseplant.
More example sentences
- Maranta leuconeura, family Marantaceae
- It belongs to the Maranta group, whose other members with interesting foliage have such names as the prayer plant, zebra plant and herringbone plant.
- Peace lilies and prayer plants are easy to grow and require little maintenance.
More definitions of prayer plantDefinition of prayer plant in:
- The US English dictionary