- A human embryo or fertilized ovum in the first fourteen days after fertilization, before implantation in the womb has occurred.More example sentences
- The embryos, or pre-embryos, at fertility clinics are frozen at sometime between two and five days after fertilization.
- Before fourteen days, the embryo, or pre-embryo as it was scientifically known, was a loose cluster of first two, then four, then sixteen cells, undifferentiated.
- Implantation of the pre-embryo in the uterine wall is a highly invasive process, akin to attack by a parasite.
- More example sentences
- Therapeutic cloning, on the other hand, is a technique in which pre-embryonic tissue cloned from human donors who are suffering from a variety of diseases like Parkinson's, Alzheimer's and diabetes would be used to produce stem cells.
More definitions of pre-embryoDefinition of pre-embryo in:
- The US English dictionary