- Previous or premature exposure to something, especially to a disease or infection: [as modifier]: pre-exposure vaccinationMore example sentences
- Smallpox vaccination is not recommended for children in a pre-exposure situation because of the risk of adverse reactions.
- The CDC is not recommending pre-exposure vaccination for unexposed veterinarians, veterinary staff, or animal control officers, unless such persons are involved in field investigations.
- If you have already been vaccinated before being bitten (the pre-exposure vaccine), two doses of the rabies vaccine will be given: one at the time of the bite, and one 3-7 days later.
More definitions of pre-exposureDefinition of pre-exposure in:
- The US English dictionary