1.1A student on a pre-med course.
- Once a Harvard pre-med with a conceivably very secure future, an undergrad photography elective opened Fred's eyes to the world of fine arts; he switched academic gears, and now he's a very smart guy who takes pictures.
- Jonathan, a 19-year-old pre-med and theatre arts student from Dallas, has flown in especially for the audition.
- Another financial constraint is that many Xavier pre-meds are entering the service end of the profession.
2 short for premedication.
- A pre-med is a type of sedative that is used to relax you before the operation.
- An anaesthetist (a doctor who is a specialist in anaesthetics) may also visit you to give you a pre-med (ie pre-medication) injection.
- It was later admitted that nursing staff had missed the pre-med.
short for premedical.
- I was a science major as an undergrad, and took biology, chemistry, and physics in a pre-med curriculum.
- He was in pre-med school when he ‘discovered’ his body in dance class.
- She studied chemistry and took pre-med classes, undecided on whether to pursue medicine.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: pre-med
Definition of pre-med in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.