- short for preoperative.More example sentences
- Whenever I schedule a patient for a procedure, the anesthesiologists order a bunch of pre-op labs, and I am copied on the results.
- So quite often pre-op physiotherapy is required and this may be several months of intensive physiotherapy.
- When they came to give me the pre-op needle for the anaesthetic I just screamed.
nounBack to top
- A tranquillizing injection or other treatment administered in preparation for a surgical operation.More example sentences
- And as you can see, the pre-ops are on the left and the post-ops are on the right.
- When maintainers do pre-ops from memory, I become edgy.
More definitions of pre-opDefinition of pre-op in:
- The US English dictionary