Definition of pre-op in English:
short for preoperative.
- Whenever I schedule a patient for a procedure, the anesthesiologists order a bunch of pre-op labs, and I am copied on the results.
- So quite often pre-op physiotherapy is required and this may be several months of intensive physiotherapy.
- When they came to give me the pre-op needle for the anaesthetic I just screamed.
nounBack to top
A tranquillizing injection or other treatment administered in preparation for a surgical operation.
- And as you can see, the pre-ops are on the left and the post-ops are on the right.
- When maintainers do pre-ops from memory, I become edgy.
Definition of pre-op in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.