(Of a fabric or garment) having undergone a shrinking process during manufacture to prevent further shrinking in use: the shirts are blue-grey pre-shrunk 100% cotton
More example sentences
- It was John McKendrick who introduced pre-shrunk fabric, which did away with the time-consuming, hands-on, chemical waterproofing process.
- Made of a comfortable pre-shrunk cotton fabric with other quality features, this is an excellent choice for logos.
- The Zippered Body Suits are the only garments that are pre-shrunk.
- More example sentences
- However, in all cases, I would pre-shrink the fabric.
- But, for a tailored garment, I would probably be using a stiffer fabric to begin with and I would take this to the dry-cleaners to be pre-shrunk.
- Wool yarn, if it hasn't been pre-shrunk or treated, can shrink because of the action of the machine.
Definition of pre-shrunk in:
- The US English dictionary