- An apparatus for causing precipitation, especially a device for removing dust from a gas.More example sentences
- The arsenic captured by the precipitators and in dust chambers played an equal role in polluting the area.
- Since the precipitator could not capture sulphur dioxide gas, but only condensed particles of sulphuric acid, it did not completely solve the pollution problem.
- The commissioners did finally insist that the company install the additional electrical precipitators.
More definitions of precipitatorDefinition of precipitator in:
- The US English dictionary