- An antibody that produces a visible precipitate when it reacts with its antigen: [as modifier]: a precipitin testMore example sentences
- Serum agglutinins, precipitins, and complement-fixing antibodies can also be used to establish a diagnosis.
- His laboratory was the first to emphasize the importance of precipitins to various peptide and polysaccharide antigens of Aspergillus fimigatus.
- A negative serologic assay for precipitins does not rule out disease, as many factors can decrease the sensitivity of the test.
More definitions of precipitinDefinition of precipitin in:
- The US English dictionary