- Die before (another person, typically a relative): his second wife predeceased himMore example sentences
- Dad was predeceased by his beloved wife Tena, six brothers and four sisters.
- Few people apart from experts in the field have any inkling that Nietzsche predeceased his sister by some 35 years.
- They had a family of five daughters and one son John, the latter who sadly predeceased his father.
nounBack to top
- A death preceding that of another person.More example sentences
- It reads, ‘Private: for the hands of G.J. Utterson ALONE, and in case of his predecease to be destroyed unread.’
More definitions of predeceaseDefinition of predecease in:
- The US English dictionary