More desirable or suitable: lower interest rates were preferable to higher ones
More example sentences
- While it would be preferable if the Complainant did so, it is incorrect to imply that only he can do this.
- It was also viewed as preferable to a sacking which could prompt legal action.
- I am sure it would be preferable for the local schools and the community orchestra to work in harmony.
- Example sentences
- In ‘Poetry and Religion,’ Jarman argues that ‘Dickinson offers, with true American horse sense, the preferability of a deceptive hope, a fool's errand, to none at all, for it is that which gives illumination.’
- In some cases, environmental preferability could override cost concerns, giving the advantage to the greener product.
- A subsequent executive order proclaimed that buying recycled was possible and relatively painless, and dismissed as spurious complaints about the price, preferability and availability of recycled paper.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: pref¦er|able
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.