- Occurring before a flight in an aircraft: our detailed preflight briefingMore example sentences
- Of perhaps greater dismay to the Board, of 42 exit row passengers, only 10 read the safety card and watched the preflight briefing from the flight attendants.
- Of 399 passengers, the Board found that nearly half ignored the safety card in the seat back pocket and the preflight briefing by flight attendants.
- Airspace constraints are explained during the preflight briefing.
verb[with object] Back to top
- Prepare (an aircraft) for a flight by carrying out systematic checks: he took his time preflighting the airlinerMore example sentences
- Anyway, while I was preflighting the airplane, my student was waxing eloquent about the benefits, physical and emotional, of golf.
- Three people, myself included, had preflighted the aircraft without noticing if the driveshaft cover was loose.
- When contemplating a night flight, consider preflighting your plane earlier in the day while there's still good light.
More definitions of preflightDefinition of preflight in:
- The US English dictionary